How to Clean Car Seats with Household Products
Spills happen. But when they happen, your car seats can become quite messy and stained. So, to help you keep your car clean and mess-free, we have some useful and easy-to-do tips on how to clean car seats with household products.
Cleaning Cloth Seats💺
• Before scrubbing your upholstery, vacuum to remove any surface dirt and debris . This way, you won’t accidentally spread any dirt or stains, and you’ll also lower the risk of ruining your fabric with overzealous scrubbing.
• Use club soda. Lightly spray it on the stained area and use a brush to scrub away the stain, then wipe it away with a clean towel.
• Use a baking soda solution. Mix ¼ cup of baking soda with a cup of warm water, then use a light layer of the solution and a toothbrush to scrub away the stain. If the stain is difficult, let the solution sit for around 30 minutes.
• Use a vinegar mixture. Mix a cup of vinegar, a few drops of dish soap and about a gallon of hot water in a bucket. Then dab the mixture into the stain and use a brush to scrub it out of the seat, use clean water to rinse the seat off.
• Use laundry detergent. If you don’t have a specific upholstery detergent/cleaner, you mix some laundry detergent with hot water and dampen the stains with it. Use a towel with cold water to rinse the detergent off the seat and scrub the stain away.